2019年4月5日星期五

"Why Interpret at Immigration Court?"

Why Interpret at Immigration Court?

Hi S.Ye

Why, indeed? Everyone knows: immigration court work is challenging and intense, pay is sometimes well below market rates paid by other courts, and certain best practices for interpreter working conditions, such as pair interpreting, have not been implemented. I thought that once I got state certified, which I achieved in August of last year, I'd shift from immigration work to what I perceived at the time to be the more exciting and prestigious work in state trial courts.

However ...

Read Tamber Hilton's entire post here, Comment/share your thoughts and don't forget to catch up on past NAJIT blog posts here.

The views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official position of NAJIT.

NAJIT, 2002 Summit Blvd, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30319
Sent by hq@najit.org

没有评论: